CONTROLS DESIGN ENGINEER opportunity at a well-established manufacturing firm near Georgetown, KY. You will have the opportunity to work on variety of new automation design projects, each customized for customer applications. You will be responsible to develop electrical controls systems design for custom applications. This will include design of electrical schematics and control panels, PLC programming and system debugging. You'll be involved in each project from initial design, through manufacture of systems, testing and debugging, installation and customer training. Domestic travel up to 25%. Includes relocation.
Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
- Responsible for the electrical design and programming of programmable logic controllers, HMIs, robots, and Vision systems
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls
- Design automation systems for customer specs, including electrical schematics , control panel design, PLC programming and system testing and debugging.
- Involvement with the installation of equipment and systems, debugging and training at customer sites
- Support manufacturing, and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, VFD?s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration
- Create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Minimum 5+ years work experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience developing electrical designing using 2D CAD
- Will consider electrical education from ANY of: BSEE, ASEE, OR hands on compensating Maintenance experience such as combination of controls technician, maintenance technician, OEM experience, or trade school
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical designs, automation, and programming
- Experience designing, programming, and debugging of multiple brands of PLC control systems and HMI?s
- Experience integrating and programming multiple brands of robots and Vision systems
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases, and programming skills in VB.NET, C#, or JAVA language is desired
- Familiar with MS Administrator tools like device manager, disk manager, registry, and IIS web service
- A PLUS to have experience with ANY of: (a) Toyopuc PLC, (b) Allen Bradley, OR (c) Automotive industry
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifdications
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity with a solid growing firm
- Interesting variety of projects encourages creativity
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business—identifying the ideal professionals for an organization’s culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.