Timothy E. Emrick
725 Rosslyns Dale, Lexington, KY 40514 email@example.com
(859) 687-0452 https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothyemrick
Analytical minded administrative assistant with excellent communication skills and experience with record keeping, proofreading and editing, and organizing teams and information.
University of Kentucky, STEPS Library Storage Assistant, March-June 2016
- Processed and prepared identified volumes from the Engineering and Science Libraries for transfer to off-site storage.
Xerox Services, Customer Service Representative, January 2014-March 2016
- Delivered excellent customer service for customer inquiries to the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange Call center.
- Conveyed program information, application assistance, and troubleshooting support with accuracy and in a timely and professional manner.
The LEGO Store (Natick and Braintree, MA, stores), Retail Specialist, November 2011-July 2013
- Greeted customers at door and determined their individual needs.
- Recommended new and upcoming products and events to customers while identifying with individual customer requirements and preferences.
- Responded to all customer queries with accuracy and courtesy.
- Maintained clean display and store appearance, including stock displays and models.
- Ensured customer satisfaction at every stage of sale.
- Aided store manager in receiving and pricing merchandise.
Boston Public Library, Library Assistant, June 2008-June 2009 and September-October 2010
- Provided outstanding customer service in locating print materials and electronic documents for research requests.
- Reorganized a non-circulating 40,000+ volume collection into one largely contiguous collection.
U.S. Census Bureau, Boston South Local Census Office, Crew Leader, April-July 2010
- Trained and supervised 17 enumerators and 2 crew leader assistants during field operations.
- Implemented mandatory training using classroom instructions and practice interviews.
- Assigned duty areas, observed employees in the field, and provided excellent on-the-job assistance.
- Reviewed daily progress to ensure that work was completed within established schedules.
Green Ronin Publishing, Freelance Game Writer/Editor, 2003-2009
- Proofread, edited, and updated eight role-playing game products.
- Corrected errors and posted errata for 40+ previously published works.
- Designed web enhancements for two setting books.
Northeastern University, Physics Department, Staff Assistant/Administrative Secretary, 1994-2002
- Maintained records and monitored progress of 50+ doctorate students.
- Served as first contact for students, faculty, and visitors while providing excellent customer service.
- Coordinated textbook adoption for 30 full-time faculty plus part-time instructors.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient with MS Office 2010 and 2013.
- Proficient with Library of Congress cataloging system.
- Skilled at operating computerized cash registers, scanners, and affiliated POS system.
Simmons College (1993-1995)
- 12 hours towards Master of Science in Library Science.
Illinois State University (1992-1993)
- 25 hours towards Master of Arts in English.
Denison University (1988-1992)
- Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art, cum laude.
- Minor: English.